Friday, January 27, 2012

Come out squishy!

Here is a little recap of the recent events...

Last night we finally got the results about the preeclamsia.  And I do have it infact it is pretty severe which is so weird to me.  From what I have learned from the doctors and nurses there are 4 factors they look for:
High Blood Pressure
Protein in urine
Something in blood work
Dizzyness, blurry vision, headache, seeing spots and pain in the chest

My blood work came back beautiful and I have had no other physical symptoms (dizzyness etc) I have had high blood pressure which was why they were keeping me at the hospital to await the results of the 24 urine test.  The doctor said that if the protein count was above 300 it was condsidered preeclamsia.  Well my number was close to 5000!  Woah.  I am glad they figure out everything when they did especially since I have been feeling fine. 

To be "eclamtic" is to have a sesizure, so that is why they moniter me so closely, they don't want me to seize out.  To help prevent this I have had to be on an IV of magnesium sulfate.  It is pretty icky, it is making me feel groggy and hot, blah.  So last night I had to be on the magnesium and had cervidal put in to help soften my cervix to be ready for pictocin this morning.  I kept hoping the cervidal would put me into labor but it didn't, oh well.  At least I got a little sleep last night exept for being hot and having to pee all the time.

Now I have been having pitocin since 8:30 this morning (it is 11:30 now) but nothing has started yet..... the nurse said the magnesium fights with the pitocin so it is a little battle.  I really really hope that things will get started soon.

I am feeling pretty groggy and kind of nauseous, I am not allowed to eat anything of coures, not that I want any food.  Surprisingly I am looking forward to some nice contractions because that means I will get to meet this baby sooner!

I was thinking how glad I am that we are being surprised this time around, it adds something fun to look forward too since this is not the birthing experiance I had planned. But I am staying positive and trying to enjoy it as much as I can!

Thanks for all the nice thoughts and prayers, I love that we have technology that I can share this with my friends and family so quickley.  And all the nice facebook really make me feel better! 

Hopefully the next time I post it will include pictures of a baby! 

6 comments:

Tera said...

I can relate with what you are going through. Like me, you have got to be so grateful for modern medicine which helps to keep us healthy. I have always thought waiting to find out what the sex of the baby is would be such a fun surprise, but I'm such an impatient person I don't think I could every willingly do it! Hope that things go smoothly for you. The end result is all that matters, which is a healthy mama and baby! Good luck and can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!

Carlie Sue said...

You are a champion, you are in my thoughts and prayers today, I love your positive attitude! What an exciting day!

Joy said...

Am thinking about you guys. Hope the labor goes well!

Joni and John said...

I will keep you in my prayers things go smoothly today! I did hypnobirthing with my middle child- Edie. Best of luck-it is an awesome experience! Don't feel bad though if it doesn't work out and you don't go all natural, a healthy mom and baby are the perfect end result no matter how you get there. Just my two cents ;)

Shauna said...

April, so glad the doctors are taking care of you and Squishy. I hope that things go well, and you can feel better and see that baby soon! I know he/she will be beautiful just like his/her brother and sister!

Rissa said...

Oh I feel for you...the cervidal and pitocin = nausea. I didn't make it long w/o drugs once the contractions arrived, since they came on fast and hard. I pray that although this may not be the experience you wanted you can still enjoy the moments ahead. May you have peace during this delivery and health for you and baby. So excited to see if squishy is a boy or girl.